Sunday, October 16, 2016

Interview

Why do you want be an accountant?” Interviewee X: “I have finished a Bachelors’ degree in commerce and I feel I have the right skills and educational qualifications to make ‘accounting’ as a career.” The interviewee is vague about what he intends to do in future;,he does not explain why he is a most suitable candidate. Speaking about educational background is fine but specific points will make one ‘standout’ and help ensure a job offer. Interviewee Y: “I am a meticulous person with an eye for detail. I am comfortable with numbers and have a strong educational background in the field. By being an accountant, I will able me to hone my skills and carve a niche for myself in the commerce industry. I look forward to making commerce my main career and accounting is the way to begin.”
Clearly, the second interviewee has been more specific about why he has chosen accounting as a field. He has stated a number of reasons for having interest in the job and has stated his vision in a rather precise way. By his mere statement, he has been able to ‘wipe’ off competition and secure the job!

Highpoint: Though it is important to have a strong reason for applying for the job, it is useless unless well expressed. If you cannot define to the interviewer what makes you an excellent candidate, you might get left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment